You are not authorized to view this page. If you have not changed
any configuration files, please examine the file
conf/tomcat-users.xml in your installation. That
file must contain the credentials to let you use this webapp.
For example, to add the manager-gui role to a user named
tomcat with a password of s3cret, add the following to the
config file listed above.
<user username="tomcat" password="s3cret" roles="manager-gui"/>
Note that for Tomcat 7 onwards, the roles required to use the manager
application were changed from the single manager role to the
following four roles. You will need to assign the role(s) required for
the functionality you wish to access.
The HTML interface is protected against CSRF but the text and JMX interfaces
are not. To maintain the CSRF protection:
- manager-gui - allows access to the HTML GUI and the status
- manager-script - allows access to the text interface and the
- manager-jmx - allows access to the JMX proxy and the status
- manager-status - allows access to the status pages only
For more information - please see the
Manager App How-To.
- Users with the manager-gui role should not be granted either
the manager-script or manager-jmx roles.
- If the text or jmx interfaces are accessed through a browser (e.g. for
testing since these interfaces are intended for tools not humans) then
the browser must be closed afterwards to terminate the session.